Thursday, October 23, 2008

Taping Interviews

I've started a research project on the transition of international students and decided to collect data in New Zealand at an institution where I knew I could easily gain access. I was looking for something that I could use other than the conventional tape recorder (I did my dissertation qualitatively and used this tool). I asked around and was told that I could use Sound Forge. A friend helped to download this tool into my laptop and all I had to do was just placed it on the desk. I thought using the laptop may be distracting but it wasn't so at all. It seemed so natural to have a laptop on the table.


I was like a kid given a new toy to play. I realized that I need to intentionally learn these new techie tools so that my own work can be easily facilitated. Now, I have been exposed to Audacity and what a name! I really feel that there is so much that I can look forward to in 2009 when I start redesigning some of my programs and its delivery. For example - I have inserted a new training session for the new lecturers called "Using Blogs for Teaching and Learning." I am looking forward to using Audacity for a project next year.


So, it is full steam ahead for me.


Classmates of Emergent Tech from UCSI - How will you use what you have learned for your teaching in 2009?



Ciao

No comments: