Friday, October 10, 2008

Pyschological Benefits

The need for cathartic releases to help manage our inner being is captured in this article. According to this article, people who blog can eventually learn to become more confident as they can share their thoughts and more often than not with people who are like-minded. This cyber space social networking helps people connect in virtually.

Question - Will the same level of confidence be there in face-to-face situations?


http://www.bloggersblog.com/cgi-bin/bloggersblog.pl?bblog=308081

1 comment:

shaZZ said...

I agree with the statement ("become more confident as they can share their thoughts"), because I myself today is a result of 3 years being 'exposed' online - via blogs, social networks, etc.

Will the same level of confidence be there in face-to-face situations?
This is very subjective, depending on individuals. Probably the individuals would immediately has the effect of being confidence once they've 'being exposed online', some take a longer time. Yet, I think it depends on whether they are honest when they initially 'exposed' themselves (in other words, not hiding behind avatar, etc. regardless because they are shy or not).

In my situation, it took me some 1-2 years to be at that level of confidence in face-to-face situations. [That is why I'm now lecturing, finally out of my great 30 years of big, thick shell hahaha!! Eh, but I'm still shy on voicing out over mic and webcam! Sorry George, Peter!]